Production ManagerApply Now
We are looking for a highly efficient and technically skilled Production Manager. The Production Manager will manage 3-4 tours per year, must have excellent communication skills, and the ability to work remotely. The PM is responsible for realizing the vision of the creative team including the Executive Producer, Director, Choreographer, and Designers. The PM hires, manages, and oversees all production staff and production elements for assigned tours. The PM must maintain a high level of artistic integrity while meeting the budget and schedule requirements and ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all artistic and production personnel. Additionally, the PM collaborates with the Senior Director of Production Management and other Production Department members to develop ongoing training and development systems, as well as department operational procedures and processes. Success in the role requires people skills, the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously, attention to detail, a deep passion for theatre, and the ability to work independently while communicating effectively within the organization, with creative teams, and partners.
Pre-Production and Production
- Develop, manage and maintain production budget, monitoring expenditures.
- Oversee and maintain the production schedule for each production.
- Oversee the bid and award process, and the build/development of scenic, lighting, audio, and costume/hair packages for the production.
- Contract and supervise the production personnel, ensuring all staff members are well trained and that all responsibilities are executed in a safe and responsible manner. This includes developing a process and plan for replacement staff, managing any local labor issues, etc.
- Create and maintain technical riders, documentation and inventories for each production.
- Coordinate rehearsal needs including labor, costume space, etc.
- Oversee the tech period including securing/negotiating tech space, advance, prep team, develop schedule, etc.
- Develop and manage load-in and load-out plans and systems for each tour, including creating truck packs and road orders, manifest and border coordination, manage any trucking or venue issues, ensuring production can operating efficiently and meet budget and schedule requirements.
- Develop and maintain communication systems and processes with road staff.
- Develop and oversee the maintenance plans for each physical production ensuring all productions meet or exceed all safety requirements/standards.
- Oversee the coordination of the close out of a production when necessary, including the management and maintenance of any rental returns.
- Assist with the development and training of production department personnel.
- Assist with the development of global policies and procedures including trucking packages, warehouse storage processes, debrief systems, safety procedures, routing issues, etc.
- Develop budget proposals as needed for business development.
- Ensure all production files and tour information is properly archived.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
This role is expected to help create a professional work environment and is required to work variety of locations and venues. Must be able to travel, work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Must be able to adapt to multiple buildings / theater venues and work long hours during the technical period(s) in dimly lit environments. Must be able to travel in multiple modes of transportation; plane, train, cars. Must be able to perform functions of position remotely with varied temporary work spaces.
Ability to travel via air/train/vehicle and bussing for an extended period of time. The ability to work varied hours due to show requirements and needs during the production and operating period. The ability to perform job responsibilities in a high stress, crisis management environment and manage multiple staff members’ requirements and priorities and the ability to manage and balance multiple projects. Must be able to travel for an extended overnight period(s).
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a production manager in a theatrical environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to collaborate with multiple personalities and types of positions (e.g. Director, Producer, technicians, etc.)
- Computer proficiency and experience with Word, Excel and Adobe is a must.
- Understand basic accounting terms and practices. Business math and finance knowledge a plus and proficiency with spreadsheets using complex formulas.
- Must have experience managing people to obtain desired outcomes using appropriate communication.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Must have experience working with CAD or Vectorworks.
- Must be familiar with standard office equipment to perform necessary job functions: computer, printer/scanner/fax etc.
Commensurate with experience, pay range for this position is $80,000 – $100,000 with benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, and paid time off. This position has the ability to work remotely and does not need to report from the Columbia, MD office.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
NETworks is committed to building and retaining an inclusive and diverse staff across all projects. As an equal opportunity at-will employer, we strive to create working environments that are welcoming, inclusive, and equitable. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, or national origin. Applicants of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, gender identities, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
NETworks Presentations is an industry-leading producer of touring theatrical productions, committed to delivering quality entertainment to audiences worldwide for more than 25 years. Current and upcoming productions include Beetlejuice, The Book of Mormon, Come From Away, Funny Girl, Les Miserables, Mean Girls, Peter Pan, and To Kill a Mockingbird.
← Back to Jobs Page