Head Electrician - National Tour of Peter PanApply Now
Pan Touring, LLC is seeking a Head Electrician for the National Tour of Peter Pan. The Head Electrician is responsible for loading in and out the lighting package of the show and designating portions of the rig to the electrics assistant(s).
This can include but is not limited to: overhead lighting (LX) package, Front of House (FOH) LX, and set electrics. Also running a show track which traditionally consists of operating the lighting console and taking show cues from the calling Stage Manager (SM) on headset.
The Head Electrician supervises all the touring crew within the department. In addition to supervising the department’s members, they also are responsible for a local crew of twelve or more electricians during load-in and load-out.
Start Date: October 30, 2023
The Head Electrician reports to the Head Carpenter.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Paperwork (Venue Advance)
- Create lighting documentation for each venue stop on the route.
Load In / Load Out
- Become familiar with show specific lighting gear, the assembly process, and travel methodology
- Load and secure lighting elements in touring trailers
- Communicate with other crew when tasks impact multiple departments
- Be available to answer all questions from electrics assistant(s)
- Replicate the focus and movement of intelligent lighting fixtures at each stop on the tour without supervision.
- Lead and direct at least four local electricians to assist in loading in the show
- Oversee the assistant(s) within the electrics department and direct them
- Run cues as designated during tech
- Work closely with Production Management to advise on hiring and firing within electrics department
- Make best recommendation for open positions within electrics department
Qualifications and Experience:
- Theatrical touring experience.
- At least Two (2) years experience in an Electrics Department or Three (3) years of related experience in a technical role within a theatrical operation
Peter Pan is a S Contract. Head Electrician will receive a weekly salary of $1100/week plus per diem and benefits, including health and welfare.
Pan Touring, LLC and NETworks Presentations is committed to building and retaining an inclusive and diverse staff across all projects. As an equal opportunity at-will employer, we strive to create working environments that are welcoming, inclusive, and equitable. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, or national origin. Applicants of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, gender identities, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
Pan Touring, LLC and NETworks crew members have the opportunity to work with a tight knit team to prep, load-in/out and run exciting Broadway tours throughout North America, while collaborating with the industry’s leading directors, choreographers and designers. All crew members work under IATSE contracts with benefits. Each tour varies in size, length and route and may include full week, split week and single night engagements. NETworks offers tremendous growth potential for its crew members, and most have enjoyed continual employment for many years.
← Back to Jobs Page