Head Audio (A1) – Book of Mormon National TourApply Now
The Head Audio reports to the Head Carpenter
The A1 is responsible for loading in and out the audio package of the show and designating portions of the rig to the audio assistant(s). The A1 also tunes the room to make the sound system agrees with the venue’s acoustics and mixes the show.
The A1 supervises all the touring crew within the department. In addition to supervising department’s members, the A1 is also responsible for a local crew of four or more audio stagehands during load-in and load-out.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Paperwork (Venue Advance)
- Create Audio documentation for each venue stop on the route
- Load In / Load Out
- Become familiar with show specific audio gear, the assembly process, and travel methodology
- Load and secure audio elements in touring trailers
- Communicate with other crew when tasks impact multiple departments
- Be available to answer any questions from audio assistant
- Run sound check prior to first performance with the cast
- Lead and direct at least four local audio stagehands to assist in loading in the show
- Oversee and direct the assistant within the audio department
- Show Call
- Mix performances (adjust mics and band as necessary throughout)
- Staffing Recommendations
- Work closely with Production Management to advise on hiring and firing within the department
- Make best recommendation for open positions within the department
NETworks is committed to building and retaining an inclusive and diverse staff across all projects. As an equal opportunity at-will employer, we strive to create working environments that are welcoming, inclusive, and equitable. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, or national origin. Applicants of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, gender identities, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
NETworks crew members have the opportunity to work with a tight knit team to prep, load-in/out and run exciting Broadway tours throughout North America, while collaborating with the industry’s leading directors, choreographers and designers. All crew members work under IATSE contracts with benefits. Each tour varies in size, length and route and may include full week, split week and single night engagements. Touring experience is preferred but not required. NETworks offers tremendous growth potential for its crew members, and most have enjoyed continual employment for many years.
COVID: Please note that to work on any NETworks tour, employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their start dates.
Book of Mormon is a Medium contract. The Head Audio/ A1 will receive a weekly salary ($1100/week) plus per diem and benefits, including health and welfare.
Fill out an application at http://www.networkstours.com/job/production-jobs/ today!
← Back to Jobs Page