Head Carpenter - BLUE MAN GROUP National Tour- Immediate ReplacementApply Now
NETworks Presentations is seeking an immediate replacement Head Carpenter for the BLUE MAN GROUP National Tour. The Head Carpenter leads the carpentry department and touring crew and is an integral part of the road management team for the tour.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Manage the overall technical integrity of the tour to successfully deliver a high-quality production
- Effectively advance all engagements with venues, creating and maintaining the appropriate paperwork, and communicating that work to the Touring Crew, SM team, CM team, Production Manager, & Technical Director
- Schedule all technical call times for local and road crew, including crew schedules in conjunction with performance and rehearsal schedules
- Manage and oversee all technical departments, during load-ins and load-outs
- Track all touring crew labor and OT, providing weekly reports to the CM and PM for payroll purposes
- Schedule all work calls with venue and touring crew, upon approval from the PM
- Prioritize work list and delegate tasks for work calls, rehearsals, and show calls
- Run show operation cues consistently and in a manner that meets production standards
- Instruct local stagehands the run of the show as it pertains to carpentry cues and lead that local crew in the run of the show
- Work with department heads to develop and execute routine maintenance in order to maintain consistent operation of the show
- Actively troubleshoot mechanical/automation/technical issues, addressing any issue before it becomes a larger problem
- Coordinating truck call times and schedules with lead truck driver
- Work with Company Manager, Stage Manager, and Musical Director to ensure a cohesive touring company
- Adhere to and uphold NETworks Presentations’ corporate, safety, and drug free workplace policies, and IATSE by-laws
- Other duties as assigned by show specific needs
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years theatrical production experience preferred
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with co-workers, vendors and venue personnel
- Experience in carpentry, electrical, and mechanical repair
- Experience and knowledge of safe rigging practices and standards for professional rigging
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, plots, blueprints and other theatrical drawings
- Knowledge and use of drafting software such AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks strongly recommended
- Familiarity with DC motors, motor controllers and power supplies a plus
To apply, please click Application Link to submit your resume. No phone calls or emails please.
NETworks is committed to building and retaining an inclusive and diverse staff across all projects. As an equal opportunity at-will employer, we strive to create working environments that are welcoming, inclusive, and equitable. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, or national origin. Applicants of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, gender identities, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
NETworks Presentations is an industry-leading producer of touring theatrical productions, committed to delivering quality entertainment to audiences worldwide for more than 25 years. Current and upcoming productions include 1776, Anastasia, The Band’s Visit, Beetlejuice, The Book of Mormon, Blue Man Group, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Elf the Musical, Fiddler on the Roof, Hairspray, Les Misérables, The Prom, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Waitress.
← Back to Jobs Page