General Management AssistantApply Now
We are looking for a collaborative, efficient General Management Assistant. The General Management Assistant will help assist with the daily operations of current and future touring productions, including contract administration and paperwork, financial administration, and booking and marketing logistics. The GM Assistant will also serve as a liaison to tour management teams and company members, agents, and partners. This role works collaboratively not only with the General Management department, but with all departments across the company, including Producing, Booking, Production and Marketing.
Success in the role requires the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously, attention to detail, a deep passion for theatre, and the ability to work collaboratively with different types of personalities.
- Project Operations
- Support the General Management team with day-to-day departmental needs
- Assist with communication to touring employees
- Review and help coordinate all foreign Visa documentation, paperwork, timeline, and processing
- Financial Reporting
- Prepare and distribute weekly fee, royalty pool, and merchandise sales reports
- Prepare and remit union-required reports
- Use internal forecasting and budgeting tools to further the work of the GM department
- Tour Logistics
- Coordinate company travel and housing arrangements prior to engagement of Company Manager
- Assist with Company Management training
- Personnel Management
- Assist with and maintain benefit enrollment forms for touring members
- Draft deal memos and contracts and distribute as required
- Track creative and actor offers and acceptances.
- Contract/Document Management
- Create and distribute employee packs, contract templates, scripts and scores, and tour and employee handbooks
- File and monitor all touring employee documentation and paperwork
- General Administrative Support
- Fulfill other administrative tasks as necessary, including the creation of contact sheets, backstage passes, creative calendars, show gifts, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a theatrical environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to collaborate with multiple personalities and types of positions (e.g. GMs, PMs, agents, performers, etc.)
- Computer proficiency and experience with Word, Excel and Adobe is a must.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Must be familiar with standard office equipment to perform necessary job functions: computer, printer/scanner/fax etc.
This position is based in Columbia, Maryland. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “GM Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Our mission is to be the preferred touring production company within the theatrical community by developing outstanding value, continuous innovation and an exceptional audience experience by consistently fulfilling our promise to bring the Broadway experience to stages everywhere.
Founded in 1995 by Ken Gentry, NETworks Presentations LLC is an industry leader, producing and managing multiple domestic and international touring productions each year. As a full service production company, NETworks’ experienced staff provides producing, general management, production management, marketing, financial and accounting services for touring Broadway musicals. NETworks employs hundreds of talented actors, musicians, road managers and stage technicians on an annual basis. NETworks also rents theatrical costumes, props and full production sets that are managed and maintained in a 41,000 sq. ft. warehouse.
NETworks provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected status.
← Back to Jobs Page